Welcome to the Running Mate 5K101 Couch to 5K Training Program!
5K101 is a simple, “Couch to 5K” podcast training program which you can download directly to your iPod or any other mp3 player, and it’s a totally free download from iTunes.
This is an 8 week running training program where you download each weekly workout, go for a run and hit play. From there you will receive audible coaching on exactly when to run and when to walk so as to stay on a pace that will help you to prevent injury and give you the best chance for success as a beginning runner.
The process really is as simple as it sounds and it will have you running in almost no time. I would encourage you to join our facebook fan page to link in with other beginners and graduates of the program for more advice and encouragement along the way…and be sure to check out some of the reviews that others have left on iTunes if you’re still not sure!
Here’s what people are saying about the 5K101 couch-to-5k program:
“Todd- I turned 43 yesterday and I completed 5K 5-1 this morning. I feel great. I look forward to every workout. Thank you for the program.!”
“Ran in my first race today. It was a five mile race and my plan was to run 5k and walk the rest, but I was able to go the whole five (very slowly). It was an amazing feeling to cross the finish line and think back to 9 weeks ago when I had never run in my life and two minute intervals felt impossible. Thanks, Todd. I never would have made it without your help!!”
“Thank you for creating such a great program! I’m doing the 5K101 and will be starting Week 7, tomorrow! Super excited!”
- Week 8..Done!! The music mix was a surprise..Loved it! thank you soooo much Todd..I really could not have done it without you
- W8 D1 yahoo! Love week 8 so inspiring thanks Todd! I now KNOW I can do this! Thanks for a great program, I feel like a runner and such a feeling of accomplishment.
- WEEK 8, DAY 1 DONE!!! TODD!!! BOOO YAH!!!! You said I was ready and you were SOOOO right!! OMG that was awesome!! I went 33 minutes – had to get to 5K!! THANK YOU TODD!!!!
- I just got done with day 1 of week 1, and I am sooo happy I found these podcasts! I do not have a lot of self-discipline but want badly to be in better shape and healthier, and I think I found the help I need to be disciplined! It was like having a trainer running with me! Pumped for the next run. Between this and boxing, I am on my way!
- Just finished W2D1 and I had a great time. I was a little bit worried about being able to add in the extra 30 seconds of jogging and one more interval, but I didn’t notice a difference!
- Finished Week 7 today!!! WHOO HOO!!! On to week 8 and 30 min runs next week! Feeling GREAT! Thanks Todd! YOU ROCK! =) (10K 101 in one more week!!! Can’t wait!!)
- I just finished 5K101 cannot thank you enough. When I started, struggling through 2 minutes, I couldn’t imagine a day when I would powering home at the end of half an hour. The week 8 music surprise is awesome. I was crying even as an Aussie! Thank you so much Todd and running mate and I look forward to seeing you on the other side of 10km!
- I DID IT!!!! I cannot even believe that I finished the program. For those of you out there struggling around week 4-5 stick it out. It’s totally worth it. The feeling of accomplishment is undescribable Thanks so much for putting this out Todd Yay!!!!!!!
- Started w8 by RUNNING my first 5k….EVER! Even though I didn’t have my ipod, I could still hear Todd saying, “Keep it up. You’re doing great. Don’t look know but you just ran your first 5k.” Thanks, Todd!
- OMG Todd!! I just did week 7 for the second time (I intend to do it for 2 weeks) and it was the best run I have EVER had!!! I KILLED IT!! I even went up to 6.0 the last 4 minutes!! It’s like my body and mind are really accepting this thing. When I got done I just couldn’t find enough people to tell, it feels so amazing!!!!!
- Just finished w3 d1…kicked my butt and I wanted to quit about 1/2 way through, but I finished it! Stepped on the scale after lost some pounds and my BMI dropped too…great reward for a tough workout!